Thursday, November 17, 2011

Star Tribune Rick Nelson's Easy Cranberry Relish

From Star Tribune writer Rick Nelson we getthe following quote and recipe

"Sure. Yes, this is from my boss’ cookbook, but I’m not sucking up, honest. For many years I prepared a cranberry relish from one of the “Moosewood” cookbooks (yes, I came of age in the 1970s), but then Lee convinced me to try this one. It was a huge hit with our Thanksgiving dinner guests, and I can’t imagine not serving it. It’s easy and beautiful and delicious. "



Easy Cranberry Relish

Makes about 3 cups.

Note: Every menu needs an easy dish. From “Come One, Come All/ Easy Entertaining With Seasonal Menus,” by Lee Svitak Dean.



• 1 (12 oz.) pkg. fresh cranberries

• 11/2 c. sugar, or to taste

• Zest from 1 orange or 1 lemon (or from both for extra flavor)

Directions

In a food processor or blender, coarsely chop the cranberries (do not puree them).

In a large bowl, toss berries and sugar together. Add zest to cranberries; stir. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight to let flavors blend. Stir again before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment